View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Tar Hollow NOVA weekend 
LIOR

Post Tar Hollow NOVA weekend
Ladies and Gents,

Hopefully everyone is transitioning nicely from summer into the back to work, school and fall mode.

Trailfest a few weeks ago was of course, awesome. What a great time was had and an awesome job done by everyone who pitched in.

Get your calendars out and mark down the Tar Hollow Fall NOVA ride for Oct 1 & 2, 2016 in Hancock, NY

Our property is 2500acres worth of rolling hills, steep elevation changes, quarries, rock gardens and challenging obstacles play areas. We've spent a lot of time over the last year working on the trails and accessing obstacles to challenge just about every level of rig. The trail will be heavily marked and you'll be able to roll at your own pace and hit the play areas as you come across them(suggested for the green/blue trail peeps) We will also have a few different groups looking for a challenge that'll roll directly from play area to play area. But in reality, all levels of rigs can roll together because all of the play areas are right on or just off, the main trail. If we come to something you don't want to try, just hang out and watch.

This year we will also have our famous 101 group lead by Jake and Evan. The last 2 public events we had we offered a great "Intro to Wheeling" class that is a huge success. It's about a 30 minute talk, with the focus being on vehicle familiarization/prep and then you hit the trails with two awesome, knowledgable guys that have been wheeling a very long time. Things will start slow and progress in difficulty and fun as the group gains confidence and desires more challenging trails. So if any NOVA clubs have some real fresh newbies or maybe some rookies that want to take things a little slower, this is perfect for them. By the end of the day, I promise, Jake and Evan will allow you to challenge yourself on anything you like.

On site, primitive camping will be available for Saturday night. Porta potties will be on site. Generators and campers and motor homes are all good to go. We have plenty of room. Our gracious landowner host has an awesome cookshack and pavilion that will be open all day Saturday and half day Sunday for the purchase of burgers, dogs, egg sandwiches, coffee, soda, snacks etc. or bring your own.

So, we are opening the gate early on Saturday morning. Hitting the trails by 9:00 ish and returning by dinner time. Sunday, we'll wheel from 9:00 until about 2:30-3:00. Just to give those wanting to head home a little earlier on a Sunday...time to hit the road.

Cost for all of this will be $50 for the weekend which includes camping. Or $30 for a single day, no camping. All monies go to the landowner, our club keeps nothing. Food is extra, but its reasonable, like $5 for a cheeseburger and a soda or something like that.

As we get closer, I'll post more details or directions and any other info anyone needs. Please hit me questions if there are any....

Thx Steve

2002 TJ

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Post Re: Tar Hollow NOVA weekend
Love this property! Definitely marking this on the calendar!

Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:02 pm
LIOR

Patty n Roy are in! (would you please inform Marilyn, Steve. Thanks.) Friday n Saturday nights if possible.

1958 Buick Special
1940 Buick Special

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:23 pm
LIOR

Reminder that this event is a private, NOVA member club event. You must be a member of a NOVA associated club in order to attend this run.
This run is covered under NOVA insurance.

Address will be posted shortly. Thanks.

2002 TJ

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:27 pm
HV4W

Mark me and my son in as Yes for Saturday Run only.

You can email me where to meet at: andy@cameronautomation.com

Thanks.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 pm
LIOR

Address:

Directions: please use 325 Tar Hollow Rd, Hancock NY for GPS purposes. That will bring you to business called Tompkins Blue Stone. Follow passed the stone yard, the road will turn left and turn to dirt. Follow this road approx 1 mile. You will come to a gate, it will be open, a sign on it says private property, members only. You will see a grey, single wide mobile home on your right and a big garage on your left. Go through the gate and you are now on Tar Hollow property. In about 150yds you'll come to a fork in the road and a 5mph sign, go left at the sign/fork. Travel about another mile through the woods, do not turn off of this main road/trail until you come to the camping field/cookshack....the road in after the gate is a road/trail, and narrow in some places but we get travel trailers, log trucks and motor homes up there all the time.

Again, tents, trailers, motor homes all fit and there is plenty of room in the field for camp set up and trailer parking and of course generators are ok.

Hope to see you there...

2002 TJ

Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:00 am
LIOR

If you're thinking of attending please post up or send me a pm with so I can get a headcount for group leaders and food.

I've got so far about 15 from LIOR
And interest from ECOJOCS
And interest from NYCJC

2002 TJ

Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:22 am
LIOR

LIOR, NYCJC, ECOJOCS, HV4W.....anyone else interested just let me know....

2002 TJ

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]