View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
LIOR & E4W Trail Ride 
LIOR

Post LIOR & E4W Trail Ride
LIOR had the pleasure of hosting Eastern4Wheelers at our property. It's always cool hanging and wheeling with good people. It was a full day in the woods with no carnage and plenty of smiles. They brought some very capable rigs and wheelers. This enabled us to cover many miles and obstacles and just keep a nice flow going....thanks for making the trek out our way guys!

2002 TJ

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:42 am
LIOR

Post Re: LIOR & E4W Trail Ride
Some pics of the action...

https://www.facebook.com/404496236205/p ... 8836471206

2002 TJ

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:48 am
E4W

Post Re: LIOR & E4W Trail Ride
(repost from E4W)

What a day! A long day too.

This trail reminded me of Paragon in some ways. Not in the degree of difficulty or number of obstacles but in the sense of adventure you get from exploring a huge piece of land. LIOR is still looking to break out new obstacles so we were encouraged to find them and try them out, blazing new trails if you will. Right now the way the trails are set up is that even the less aggressive rigs can do the whole loop, or I should say loops, picking and choosing which obstacles each person tries. So how did I rate the trail? On a fun factor I rate it high, lots of wooded trail with some water crossings and you cover some miles, with loads of potential and still hidden fun. Obstacle difficulty, hmmm, that's tougher to convey. Plenty of fun stuff and the rigs we had with us that day didn't concur 100% of the lines we tried. We had Chris L and Chet, We had my rig and we had John and David Vane who had some pretty impressive Jeeps along with our most generous hosts LIOR. Is it Buggy land yet? No. but there is no reason why a guy with a built rig can't have a great day playing in the woods, everyone we had with us said they had a blast. This trail is only going to get better as LIOR spends more time there shaping some of the trails.

The ugly? It's a bout 2 hours west of Danbury. Thats about 200 miles from my home in South Windsor so a little over 3 hours total time to get there once we were on the road. Don't whine about the trip to the LIOR guys as that's about average time for any wheeling for them, I tried to keep my mouth shut. The trip home was broken up by a stop for dinner with a few Bob and Joan, Jake, Chet and me. Lots of laughter mixed with fried food, it was a great way to end the day.

Would I go again, definitely! If I didn't already have a prior commitment I'd be heading out there for their Tar Hollow Run they have as an open run in June. Well worth the trip if you have the day open.

Thanks again to Steve and the other LIOR guys for hosting us.

Wayne

Sun May 01, 2016 6:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]