View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Whats your opinion for Trailfest 2010? 
E4W

Post Re: Whats your opinion for Trailfest 2010?
How about rethinking that ?

You have to look at what your are trying to achieve. An event to build camaraderie among the clubs of nova, a fund raiser, or an awareness event. Then you should try and decide what you need to accomplish this. Trial fest started as camardie event but by the third it was all about money and that is what ruined it. A small event at a camp ground cna be easy and cheap to pull off at the new park.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
E4W

Quote:
"You have to look at what your are trying to achieve. An event to build camaraderie among the clubs of nova, a fund raiser, or an awareness event. Then you should try and decide what you need to accomplish this. Trial fest started as camardie event but by the third it was all about money and that is what ruined it. A small event at a camp ground cna be easy and cheap to pull off at the new park."
This is a great idea for a club event but maybe not the direction TF wants to go with the big annual fund raiser.

The events that I've attended that were "most" successful that attracted the "most" people were hotel based events. It seems to the planners sometimes like it would be an attractive idea to make it simple, make it cheaper, but as it turns out I've seen this backfire and you end up with less people, less families.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:12 am

Well, The Ranch is right up in that area with Mettowee, too. I thought TF10 could use that for some good wheeling one day. Any other trails up there?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 am
NTC

not enough by far IMO

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:18 am
cj8mike wrote:
How about rethinking that ?

You have to look at what your are trying to achieve. An event to build camaraderie among the clubs of nova, a fund raiser, or an awareness event. Then you should try and decide what you need to accomplish this. Trial fest started as camardie event but by the third it was all about money and that is what ruined it. A small event at a camp ground cna be easy and cheap to pull off at the new park.

From what people are saying I am not sure that Mettowee would support something like a full blown Trail Fest like you have had in the past. There are hotels about 20+ minutes away and a few restaurants as well but it is really out there. (The outlet malls off exit 20 of Northway are about 20-30 minutes away with hotels and lots of restaurant choices.) There are also many trail options at the park but if your talking close to 100 rigs that could be very crowded. I do hope that you consider the park for maybe another event...a camaraderie event to bring people together..plenty of room to camp and there could be a big bonfire cook out, etc. The owners and staff are more then willing to work with any club who wants to hold an event. Im more then willing to help out too if you need any extra help for events.
Michele

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am
LIOR

In no particular order-
I agree with JeeperDon that this should be hotel based. On the other hand, I do think Rausch could support it. Once you get a lot of trucks out on the trails things go a lot slower. I've run through miles and miles of RC when it was a three truck group, make it ten or twelve trucks and you cover much less ground.
A true twenty minute ride from the park up near ALbany to hotels and stuff is not that bad. If the apres dirt activities were centered in one area that's not a problem at all (i.e. hotel/bar/restaurants all close to each other but a half hour from the park). I'd drive an hour round trip form the hotel no problem as long as I can do it towing. I'd do it in the trail rig but I can't do more than 50 on the road and that long a drive causes real problems if the tow rigs are left behind and someone breaks.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:10 pm
E4W

I attended an event at Rousch Creek, It handled 80 trucks without a problem, Hotel and camping very close, Not to mention a very complete list of repair shops and part suppliers :thumbs:

Tom Orsini
eastern4wheelers

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm

will we be able to select specific trails at trailfest 2010?

most of us from western mass are sick of running the same old trails. having a shot at 2 days of new stuff would make the even more appealing to us at uj

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 pm
LIOR

BILLYjp2 wrote:
will we be able to select specific trails at trailfest 2010?

Yes.

Do Hawaiins complain that going to the beach is boring? :mrgreen:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm
HV4W

BILLYjp2 wrote:
most of us from western mass are sick of running the same old trails. having a shot at 2 days of new stuff would make the even more appealing to us at uj
The event doesn't bring new trails with it. Any trails we have access to for the event will be public or private land arranged through a NOVA club, and since the trails have to all be near Holyoke for this event, NOVA clubs near there would have the inside info on private trail availability. Even then, those local clubs and people would not see anything new.

As I have mentioned before, the event is really not so much about the trails, just like the Cannes Film Festival is not just about 'going to a movie' every night for a week.

Ex-HV4W Officer/Member
Ex-NOVA Vice Chairperson and Trailfest Event Coordinator 2008/2009/2010

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next