View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Whats your opinion for Trailfest 2010? 
HV4W

Post Whats your opinion for Trailfest 2010?
Trailfest 2009 appeared to be a success to those that attended. As was the history for 'Trailfest' in MA and 'On The Rocks' in PA, it was a three day event, based at a large nice hotel in a populated part of town near things to do and places to eat, with a nice sit-down Saturday night dinner. The main thing preventing TF09 from being larger than the 50+ trucks and 100+ people attending was trail availability (not enough close enough). TF09 used MaBell, Gutter, E4W's Deadfall, NTC's The Hill, and all the way out to FL Rd on Sunday.

Whether you went to TF09 or not, please toss out your opinion on what TF10 should be like, where it should be, what would get you to be there, etc. If you are a NOVA member, what would it take to entice you to volunteer to help?

Ex-HV4W Officer/Member
Ex-NOVA Vice Chairperson and Trailfest Event Coordinator 2008/2009/2010

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:17 am
HV4W

Post Re: Whats your opinion for Trailfest 2010?
Hey Don,
I'm all for TF10 being the same general idea but perhaps in Western MA & Southern VT, maybe that wheeling park near Whitehall NY?( does it exist?). I know you said lodging might be a problem in that area so that would need to be scouted out and possibly contact some 4 wheel clubs in the area that aren't NOVA members to get access to trails we might not be aware of. Old Florida Rd. & Elephant Boulder along with that park would be a nice start.I am willing to volunteer for this event no matter where it is, plan on being there all three days as long as we have a firm date by the end of January so I can get my vacation request in. A list of tasks that members can sign up for would be good also.I know you put a lot of time into these events and I've had a great time at the past two,would like to help any way I can with this years.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:22 pm
HV4W

I saw the Mettowee Mud Bogger park post in another section and is the offroad park I was refering to in the previous post. :oops:

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:55 pm
NTC

i can help volunteer on another run in tf10. :thumbs:

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 pm
Hello Gentleman! Saw you were mentioning Mettowee park..if you have any questions I maybe able to answer them. I am familiar with the park and the owners, sort of becoming a liaison with them. Your right in that there is not much around the area as in hotels and restaurants and stuff but i can do some research for you and find out more. There is quite a bit out there now, different levels of trails, rock, mud and new lines are being planned most every weekend. It really has a lot of potential. I do know they are very interested in planning more events and would be very open to suggestions. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:44 am
NTC

Is it big enough to host 50 rigs for 2-3 full days of wheeling?

we had 5 properties for 3 days of TF-09 and it was barely enough

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:30 pm
HV4W

Rob wrote:
Is it big enough to host 50 rigs for 2-3 full days of wheeling?
In my opinion, Rausch isn't big enough for a 3 day event. You need enough trail distance to fill 3 days of different tough trails, three days of different intermediate trails, and at least two days of different easy trails. As a tough trail guy, when I go to Rausch, I am through with the place after two days for sure, and use the easier trails to get to the tough stuff. You want an environment where there is more to do than time to do it.

Ex-HV4W Officer/Member

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 pm
We had about 35-40 there a few weekends ago for a food drive wheelin day with members of our club and green mountain crawlers...there was enough to entertain everyone for the day but I dont think there is enough right now for a 2-3 day event. This place is new but they are continually working and clearing new trails and the owner has his eye on another 400 acres so maybe in the future the answer will be yes. There is rough camping available and future plans for showers and bathrooms, snack bar, tire cleaning station before you hit the road, etc. It will be good for this area since places like Rausch are over 4 hours away but like anything else it will take some time to grow. As for hotels and restaurants in the area that is also limited...you would have to travel at least 20 minutes or more to get to the nearest hotel as far as I know.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:21 pm
E4W

Does it have to be a 3 day event? why not a 2 day? how about all camping event. Some companys rent port-a-showers.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
HV4W

cj8mike wrote:
Does it have to be a 3 day event? why not a 2 day? how about all camping event. Some companies rent port-a-showers.
As I stated before in this thread, it has always been a hotel based event, almost 15 yrs, and I won't change that.

Ex-HV4W Officer/Member

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next